Are you tired of struggling to get that elusive perfect winged eyeliner look? Look no further! In this ultimate guide, we’ll cover all the tricks and techniques for achieving flawless winged eyeliner every time. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, you’ll find invaluable tips on choosing the right products, mastering different styles, and
Are you tired of struggling to get that elusive perfect winged eyeliner look? Look no further! In this ultimate guide, we’ll cover all the tricks and techniques for achieving flawless winged eyeliner every time. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, you’ll find invaluable tips on choosing the right products, mastering different styles, and troubleshooting common mistakes. Get ready to turn heads with your stunning winged eyeliner game!
What is winged eyeliner?
If you’re like most people, the first time you saw winged eyeliner was probably in a magazine or on TV. You may have thought it looked difficult to achieve or that it was only meant for special occasions. But the truth is, winged eyeliner is relatively easy to do once you get the hang of it, and it can be worn for any occasion – from a casual lunch date to a black-tie gala.
So, what is winged eyeliner? Winged eyeliner is simply a type of eyeliner that has been applied in such a way that it creates a “wing” or flick at the outer corner of the eye. This look can be achieved with any type of eyeliner (liquid, gel, pencil, etc.), but it takes a little bit of practice to perfect the technique.
The good news is that we’re here to help! In this article, we’ll share our top tips and tricks for creating the perfect winged eyeliner look. We’ll also walk you through step-by-step instructions for how to create this look using both liquid and pencil eyeliner. So whether you’re a winged eyeliner beginner or you’re looking to take your skills to the next level, this guide is for you!
The different types of winged eyeliner
There are three main types of winged eyeliner: the classic wing, the graphic wing, and the cat eye.
The classic wing is the most popular and timeless look. To achieve this, start by drawing a line from the inner corner of your eye to the outer corner. Then, extend the line slightly beyond the outer corner of your eye. Next, draw a small triangle at the end of the extended line. Finally, fill in the rest of your eyeliner as desired.
The graphic wing is a more modern take on winged eyeliner. To achieve this look, start by drawing a thick line from the inner corner of your eye to the outer corner. Then, make a sharp point at the outer corner of your eye. Fill in the rest of your eyeliner as desired.
The cat eye is similar to the classic wing, but with a more feline twist. To achieve this look, start by drawing a line from the inner corner of your eye to about halfway across your lid. Then, make a small triangle at the end of this line. Next, draw another line from the outer corner of your lid to meet up with the first line and triangle. Finally, fill in any gaps and intensify your liner as desired.
How to apply winged eyeliner
There are a few key things you need to know in order to apply winged eyeliner like a pro. First, you need to start with a clean slate. That means no oil or dirt on your skin, and no loose powder or eyeshadow fallout on your lids. If your skin is even the slightest bit oily, it will cause your liner to smudge.
Next, you need to choose the right type of eyeliner. If you have sensitive eyes, opt for a waterproof pencil liner instead of liquid liner. This will be much easier to work with and less likely to irritate your eyes.
Once you have your supplies ready, it’s time to start lining your eyes. Start by drawing a small line from the inner corner of your eye outwards. Then, slowly begin to extend that line outward and upward, angling it towards the end of your eyebrow. The further out you extend the line, the more dramatic the wing will be. To get a perfect winged shape, use a small piece of tape or an eyeliner stencil as a guide.
Finally, fill in any gaps in your liner and connect the wings at the outer corners of your eyes. Use a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover to clean up any mistakes. And voila! You’ve just mastered the art of winged eyeliner!
Tips and tricks for perfect winged eyeliner
winged eyeliner is notoriously difficult to perfect, but with a few tips and tricks, you can definitely nail the look! Here are our top tips and tricks for getting perfect winged eyeliner:
1. Use a light hand. When applying winged eyeliner, it’s important to use a light hand. This will help prevent any mistakes and ensure that your lines are nice and straight.
2. Start from the middle. Starting from the middle of your lash line will help you achieve a more symmetrical look.
3. Use a small brush. A small brush will give you more control when applying winged eyeliner. We recommend using an angled brush for best results.
4. Take your time. Don’t rush when applying winged eyeliner! This is one case where it truly pays to take your time and be precise.
Winged eyeliner looks
When it comes to winged eyeliner, there are endless possibilities. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, there’s a winged eyeliner look for you. Here are some of our favorites:
1. The classic cat eye: This is the most popular winged eyeliner look. To achieve this look, start by drawing a line from the inner corner of your eye outwards. Then, extend the line slightly beyond the outer corner of your eye. Finally, connect the two lines at the outer corner and fill in the wing.
2. The graphic cat eye: This is a more modern take on the classic cat eye. To achieve this look, start by drawing a line from the inner corner of your eye outwards. Then, extend the line slightly beyond the outer corner of your eye and make a small triangle at the end. Fill in the triangle and connect it to the rest of the line.
3. The double wing: This is a fun and dramatic way to wear winged eyeliner. To achieve this look, start by drawing two lines from the inner corners of your eyes outwards. Extend both lines slightly beyond the outer corners of your eyes and connect them at the outer corners. Fill in both wings and enjoy your bold new look!
4. The reverse cat eye: This unique take on winged eyeliner is perfect for those who want to stand out from the crowd. To achieve this look,
The ultimate guide to winged eyeliner has shown you the tricks and techniques for achieving a perfect wing every time. From choosing the right type of product, to practicing your technique, this article has given you all the information needed to ensure that you’re creating a beautiful eye makeup look. With these tips in hand, take some time to practice your wings and show off your new skill!